Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sebas' Back, Back again

Hey all! Guess who's back!

I guess it's time i updated this rotting blog again. Haha. A couple of reasons why i didnt bother to update:

1) too many photos and blogger is not helping by being a pain in the arse when it comes to uploading photos (someone pls give me advice on this)

2) i hate writing!

3) Laziness (this shld be the main reason =x)

So anyway here I am, back to update on my life in Down Under. For photos, pls check out my facebook, if your dont have 1, go get 1!! =)
Ok now the problem is I have no idea where to start updating. =s

Let me see, first up i would like to say that I'm enjoying every minute of my time here in Brisbane. Made some really good friends.

Spring's here! Man i love the warm weather in the day, but it still gets a little cold at night. Work's boring but at least I have some income, that's all that matters. Hopefully I can find a course related job soon and work full time in the weekends. Working during the wkdays can get tiring.

I'm glad to say that I'm doing well for this sem so far, although I've had only 2 mid-sem exams. After this mid-sem break, oops i think i didnt mention that I'm on mid-sem break now (haha), I have only a month or less till the final sem exams! Then I'm going home to the sunny island named Singapore. This semester is going by so quickly, didnt really have time to take a break. Vet Sch social events are the only breaks i have from studying before the mid-sem holidays.

Last fri was our Vet Sch smoko, Mardi gras themed. damn, it was gay. And i was in a pink t-shirt, bleh. I swear that will be the only time i will be wearing something pink. It was all in the name of fun. After smoko ended, went to stay over in my friends' place cause we're off to Byron Bay the next morning (Sat morning)!

Left Brisbane at around 1pm or 2pm. It was an hour and 45mins drive to Byron Bay which is in New South Wales. It was a wonderful 4days 3 nights in Byron Bay. The sun, sand and sea was just amazing. Weather was good till the last day when we're about to leave. For the beautiful pictures taken in Byron Bay, go look in my Facebook albums. Reached home on Tues evening. I feel really guilty to say that I almost forgot abt my mother's birthday which is on the 30th Sept, the day I got back from Byron. So here's another 'Happy Birthday" to you Mum, will make it up to you when i get back home. =x

Time really flies when u're having fun, I'm already half way through my mid-sem break! argh!!! And i havent done any studying which i really shld. Here I am procastinating and writing an entry for my blog when i shld really do some catching up on work. Shld always remind myself that Im really in Aus to study and not have fun. (although a lil fun wont hurt =s)

Oh i shld really also talk abt the things i did earlier in the sem. I had my animal handling pracs and dissection pracs this sem. Let me talk abt the dissection part 1st. The majority of the period before mid-sem break is dissecting our dog. Taking a look at their muscles, the blood vessels that supply them and the nerves that innervate them, stressing more on those with clinical importance. Im bad at describing emotions but I wasnt that affected when doing that dissection. We also have to dissect a horse in our last wk of locomotion prac. Some people, esp the horsey ppl, are not too comfortable with it. And after all this pracs, we did a loco prac exam on it before the mid-sem break and I'm happy with my result.

Then there's also the animal handling pracs where we have to go to UQ Gatton campus for most of the prac. The drive there is tiring and boring, nothing really interesting except for the signboards that advertise groceries at really cheap prices! Like strawberries @ 49cents per punnet! Yummm! My grp has completed most of the pracs like poultry, pig, horse, abattoir(yes a visit to the abattoir) and sheep. All we have left is cattle prac which is said to be the most fun, this will happen after we come back from mid-sem break. I shld say more abt the abattoir visit. I was really impressed by the efficiency of the people working there(and their craziness) and also the no. of ppl working there. There's a person in every 1m square, and that place is huge. I also think that stunning a cattle before it is slit across the throat is the most humane way to kill a cattle. Some people cldnt bear to look at how the cattle is stunned and killed. But after that we had a party to celebrate the sept babies' birthday, with a bbq -.- haha

I guess that's all for me to update. Sorry for the lousy organisation of this post, as i said i hate writing. =p

Take care all! Bye!

p.s. i will be back on Nov 17th!!!!!!

No comments: