Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Day I Reach Brisbane...

Ate Macdonalds for lunch, oh yeah, forgot to state that we touched down at 9.25am and reached our motel by 10am. Anyway, mac was the cheapest arnd, aud5.75 for a fillet-o-fish meal. The other stalls are selling aud6.00 for a plate of fried rice la, w/o drinks. Was freaked out by the price of food there. After lunch, walked arnd in Toowong Village, saw shops selling fruits, it was damn cheap, will be eating lotsa fruits in Aus, as a sub for veg =). Then we went into Coles supermarket to get things to eat for breakfast and snacks. Fruits and veg are sold in kgs and relatively cheaper than Sg. However, things like Maggi mee, pasta, sauces and esp asian stuff were very expensive. I will really have to plan my meals well to save money.

After grocery shopping, we headed back to the motel. I needed to make some calls to arrange appointments to view my accomodation. 3 of us shared a pizza we bought in coles and that was our dinner. Bathed and rest a while before going out for a night walk. The weather was TERRIFIC! It was cool with occasional breeze, we walked all the way to my Uni and i didnt perspire at all. Got to know some of the roads leading to my school and 'recce' some gd places to stay in which are near to my Uni. Took a few photos and that was it, we then headed back to the motel, spent around 3 hrs walking arnd.

The next few days was basically the same activities, asked my parents to walk around on their own while i was trying hard to find my accomodation. At the end of those 3 days, my feet are sore and blistered lol. Finally found my accomodation at the end of those 3 days. It was such a relief to find an accomodation, was getting pissed that i couldn't find 1.

My parents rented a car on Monday, 110208, initially wanted to drive up to Gold Coast but decided against that idea because of the unfamiliarity of the roads. So the car was used to ferry my stuff from the motel to my accomodation, and yes we checked out of the motel on Mon. After unpacking and arranging the rm, we drove into the city, abt 15 mins drive from my place. Parking was damn difficult to find and it was expensive at 3.20 per hr. Walked around the city for a while and they brought me back to my accomodation while they checked into a hotel in the city. So this is it, spent monday night alone in my rm. This marks the start of my new life!

No comments: